Interested in writing for peoplesworld.org? This website is fueled by volunteer writers, photographers and videographers. You can join the team. Here's how to get started:
Write about your passions. You like a TV show, movie, music, art show, sports? Tell us about it.
Write about everyday life. Is there something happening in your neighborhood, campus or work place? Tell us about it. You had an interesting conversation with a bus driver? Tell us about it. Your library cut hours? Tell us about it. Be as information specific and detailed as possible.
Read the website. Get a sense of the various stories and writing styles.
Veteran writer and seaman Roy Rydell used to say, "Write like you talk." In other words, be direct, simple, like telling the story to your friend. But please keep rants for your own blog, since People's World editors get to do the ranting here. ;-)
Here is a bit more info:
1. We are a daily publication, Monday - Friday.
2. Please see our About Us section for an overview of what People's World is and how we see our mission.
3) Take a look through our site to get an idea of the various kinds of reporting and commentary that we publish.
* We look for news reports about issues, events and struggles - in your community, campus if you are a student, workplace, town, etc. These often include interviews with people about their situations and views - for example, this one.
* Personal experiences that make a point also can make good articles. Here is one example.
* We also like to have articles on current cultural happenings such as TV - see this example, music, movies, etc. - or historical events/people that would be of interest to our readers.
* If you have a particular area of expertise, for example on international developments, equality struggles, sports, etc., please let us know.
4) We prefer our articles short: 500-700 words.
If you'd like to tell us a bit more about yourself, we can make more specific suggestions. If you'd like to go ahead and give it a try, we'd be happy to read what you come up with and give feedback as needed.
Email an editor or send articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org .